Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

I want to use H9 Max Lens Mod... but need to fit ND filter also!

[ New ]

Riddle me this: 

I want to shoot as wide as possible with HyperSmooth 3.0 w/ Boost + Horizon Leveling, so considering getting the Max Lens Mod; but realised I also need to fit an ND filter!

One work around could be using a Ulanzi G9-5 case (for example) and attaching a full size ND to the filter thread. I have a 67mm variable filter, so will use step-up rings from 55mm, which should provide some clearance between the body and filter, to accommodate the Max Lens Mod (I think).. 

The question is; I can't slide it into the case with the lens attached.. so can I attach the lens after, or midway (by reaching in through the front)? Probably not.. but there must be a way to use both ND and Max Mod, surely!?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome

Thanks a million 

T

Hiker

Re: I want to use H9 Max Lens Mod... but need to fit ND filter also!

[ New ]

The max lens adds about 18mm distance between the camera body and the front of the lens. So the filter won't fit in the cage thread. I am working on a 67mm thread adapter for the Max lens to be able to fit polarized and ND filters