Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

I connected my device multiple times to my app and lost video from a previous device after uploading

Can i get it back?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I connected my device multiple times to my app and lost video from a previous device after up...

Hello, @mooker05. By "previous device", do you mean you lost a video that were saved to a previous phone that you paired with the app? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: I connected my device multiple times to my app and lost video from a previous device after up...

By device I mean that I have a single GoPro camera that I had connected multiple times to the app.  In doing so, I think it renamed the camera and when it did so I lost the video from the "first" connection.

I had uploaded videos successfully, and then reformatted the SD Card, took more videos and when I tried to upload the 2nd set of videos I had to reconnect the camera and when I did so I think it renamed the camera so I could no longer see the previous videos.

Appreciate your help.

Highlighted
GoPro

The media saved to the app should not be affected by the changing names of the camera. Please check through the media library in the app an see if the "missing media" may have been incorrectly dated when imported to the app and could be under a different timeline. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!