Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

I cannot get my external mic adapter to work with my hero five or five session

I cannot get my external mic adapter to work with my hero five or five session

GoPro

Re: I cannot get my external mic adapter to work with my hero five or five session

Hi @gonzo1903

Let's try to isolate where the issue is. What seems to be happening, are you getting any sound/noise or is the recording totally silent?

Have you tested the cameras, are you also getting issues when recording using the unit itself?

How long have you had the mic adapter? We'll wait for your response.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Re: I cannot get my external mic adapter to work with my hero five or five session

It is all new equipment.  I Purchased the microphone and thought that you may be the problem brought it back and replaced it still having the same problem. I think the issue was with the adapter. There is absolutely no noise unless I plug-in a power source while recording then I get background noise through the power source 

GoPro

Hello @gonzo1903

Thank you for posting back. See if this issue maybe related to the effect of using the QuikCapture button, and whether or not you are using a powered mic. Please check out the articles below: 

1. External microphone information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter
  2. HERO5 Session External Microphone Information

3. External Microphone Recommendations

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

Thank you but I have all this information the microphone I am using is listed and I have updated manually all three of my devices I have two hero five black and one hero five session and none of them work I believe the Adapter may be defective. I am trying to use one of the microphones listed I thought it may be defective I returned it and Purchased another to no avail.
GoPro

Hi @gonzo1903

Did you mean you have a second mic adapter already? Or were you referring to the microphone? At any rate, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance regarding this matter. You can connect with them via phone or chat here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

No I picked up a second microphone returned one and picked one up thinking that the microphone may be bad this did not solve my problem I have already gotten in contact with GoPro they are working on it it is very slow going 

GoPro

Hi @gonzo1903

Thank you for reaching out to our Support Team. They should be able to handle the issue accordingly and exhaust everything to come up with the best resolution/ recommendation.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Best,

Ej