Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How often do I need to touch the cameras if I buy a smart remote?

I am looking to do a permanent install of multiple hero7 cameras, but I want to install them where I can't really access them. I'll connect them via HDMI cable to a PC to record video remotely.

I read that the smart remote can power on and off the cameras, great, but can it navigate the little menu that pops up by default when connected to HDMI, so I can get to the actual camera output?

If the remote cannot do this, is there a way to make the camera default to the camera view instead of the file playback view when connected to HDMI?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How often do I need to touch the cameras if I buy a smart remote?

Hello @blueriver35638. In addition to being able to turn the cameras on and off. the Smart Remote can also start and stop recording while the camera is connected to a TV via microHDMI cable. 

If you would like to see live preview from your camera when it's connected to an HDTV, tap Preferences > Input/Output > HDMI Output, then choose one of these options:

• Tap Monitor to see your camera’s live preview with the icons and camera info that you usually see on the touch screen.
  • Tap Live to see the live preview without the icons and camera info.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @blueriver35638. In addition to being able to turn the cameras on and off. the Smart Remote can also start and stop recording while the camera is connected to a TV via microHDMI cable. 

If you would like to see live preview from your camera when it's connected to an HDTV, tap Preferences > Input/Output > HDMI Output, then choose one of these options:

• Tap Monitor to see your camera’s live preview with the icons and camera info that you usually see on the touch screen.
  • Tap Live to see the live preview without the icons and camera info.

Hope this helps!

Tourist

That's perfect, thank you!!!

Highlighted
GoPro

You are welcome, @blueriver35638. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!