Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

How long is the media mod's battery life? Also some other questions about it.

[ Edited ]

I bought the media mod as I will go on a trip and knew it would get sold out if I didn't pre-order and wouldn't have it with me for the trip. Anyways does anyone know how long the media mod's battery life is or if it has a battery life of its own or does it suck the battery from the camera? If it does have it's own battery, can you use a battery bank to charge it?

Also why is it so hard to find an answer to these questions online? I have been searching since the mods have been anounced and couldn't find battery info for the media mod case. I mean the closest answer I found was a youtuber asking about it during CES and kind of dismissed it by saying the display mod and light mod have their own battery but didn't mention the media mod case.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How long is the media mod's battery life? Also some other questions about it.

Hi @canisdiris28

The Media Mod does not have a significant effect on the camera's battery consumption.

Please check GoPro Camera Battery Life

There will be additional information in the coming weeks.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: How long is the media mod's battery life? Also some other questions about it.

Hi @canisdiris28

The Media Mod does not have a significant effect on the camera's battery consumption.

Please check GoPro Camera Battery Life

There will be additional information in the coming weeks.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Thanks for answering the question. But I have to say any effect is a significant effect on the battery of the camera because its already a pretty short battery life for just the camera. Well anyways thanks again for answering the question and thank goodness I have multiple batteries.

GoPro

Hi @canisdiris28

It is important to determine battery integrity to ensure that your camera works smoothly. 
You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Short-Record-Times/ta-p/395856
Should you get a run time significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite using a recommended SD card https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them  through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej