Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Hi, anyone knows how to connect the Gopro 8 to Obs and live stream a dj set on Facebook?

[ New ]
Hi, anyone knows how to connect the Gopro 8 to Obs and live stream a dj set on Facebook? I have the usbc r adaptor and hdmi cable and the capture card. How do I plug it to make sure it charges in the same time? Do I plug the hdmi to the capture sound or laptop? I tried to the laptop and didn't recognized it. Thanks
Tourist

Re: Hi, anyone knows how to connect the Gopro 8 to Obs and live stream a dj set on Facebook?

[ New ]
You need to buy the media mod for the GoPro 8 to be able to charge and stream at the same time. A USB-C to HDMI adapter will not work.
Tourist

Re: Hi, anyone knows how to connect the Gopro 8 to Obs and live stream a dj set on Facebook?

[ New ]
Is there anyway that I can connect it wireless? And then I can charge it with a power bank as normal. Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]
The GoPro app on your phone will let you stream wirelessly to Facebook, Youtube or via an RTMP url.
Tourist

[ New ]
I know thanks but my question is: how do I connect the gorpo wireless to the app or the laptop in order live stream
on facebook and capture the music from the mixer/cdjs through a capture card. I know how to connect the capture card to the players and to obs, but don't know how to connect the gopro and the event is tonight
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi mate, have you found a solution for this? I wanna do the same thing, capture sound straight with a Pioneer mixer through the GoPro stream.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

If you are using OBS, you will need to purchase capture card. If not, the app will help you broadcast to FB Live and such. Capture cards can be expensive now adays. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm about to give this a try. 

https://thetechnologyman.com/use-your-gopro-hero-8-or-7-as-a-webcam-for-free-in-zoom-obs-wirelessly-...

There's another I'll try if that doesn't work but it's $80

https://ac2pc.com/store.html

If anyone has any luck with any option please post!