Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Hero9 media mod mic not working

[ New ]

Hello, I recently purchased the Hero9 Media Mod - seemed like a nice upgrade with the directional mic. Worked fine for a bit I guess - not sure though since I noticed that my audio didn't sound as good recently - looked and the mic option in the menu - when the media mod is attached - is greyed out? 

When I bought it - you could select which mic to use - font/back/internal, etc. Now that option is gone? But it's still showing the audio levels like it's noticing the mic attached? 

I've tried resetting, etc. Nothing works - please advise. 

Jeff. 

IMG_4542.jpg
Hiker

Re: Hero9 media mod mic not working

[ New ]

And here's a pic of it - showing that it's added the audio levels that only show up when the media mod is connected - but still not giving me any options other using than an internal mic? 

IMG_4543.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Ok, so after resetting the camera to its original factory condition - for the who knows many times - I figured it out. The strange thing is the mic setting is in the video section and not in the media mod section? That doesn't make sense. 

When you setting your parameters for the video settings you choose which mic in there. 

Cool. But also wish it was a bit more intuitive than it would also show up in the media mod menu. 

That's that. 

IMG_4546.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate your sharing of your findings, @jeffnewton. We will share your feedback with the Product team as well. Thanks!