Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Hero9: MediaMod + External Sound Recorder

[ New ]

I'm planning on using a sound recorder with an attached external mic to record the audio channel so I can adjust the input sound level.

How do I hook up these correctly:

• external mic
  • MediaMod
  • sound recorder

so that the audo channel from the sound recorder streams directly into the GoPro9 video recordings?

Please recommend.

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Hero9: MediaMod + External Sound Recorder

[ New ]

So far, what I have experimented is that direct streaming from the sound recorder into the GoPro works some times and it's not a reliable way to do sound recording. 

It's better quality and higher reliability to record sound separately in a different device and then sync video and sound channels in your Video Editing software.

You need a visual marker to starting the sound recording so that the video will give you a reference point to sync the audio in software. Clap your hands or snap your fingers in the video as a marker.

Summary : It works on a motorcycle. Use Purple Panda as an external mic and Tascam as your sound recorder.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Re: Hero9: MediaMod + External Sound Recorder

[ New ]

So far, what I have experimented is that direct streaming from the sound recorder into the GoPro works some times and it's not a reliable way to do sound recording. 

It's better quality and higher reliability to record sound separately in a different device and then sync video and sound channels in your Video Editing software.

You need a visual marker to starting the sound recording so that the video will give you a reference point to sync the audio in software. Clap your hands or snap your fingers in the video as a marker.

Summary : It works on a motorcycle. Use Purple Panda as an external mic and Tascam as your sound recorder.