Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Hero 9 protective housing with usb

[ New ]

I ride a H-D RG motorcycle and use a RickRack fairing mount as well as a RickRack fender mount for my Hero 9.  The Hero 9 is installed in the GoPro waterproof protective housing when installed on the bike.

I tend to shoot long videos and the GoPro chews through batteries in what seems like minutes.  Having to stop so often to change batteries is really a pain in the posterior.  I have a USB-C passthrough door for the GoPro, with it installed, I can't put the GoPro in the protective case.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to record continuosly (until you run out of disk space anyway) if the GoPro is plugged into a power source?

2. Does anyone know of a protective housing for the Hero 9 that will accommodate the USB-C passthrough door?  It doesn't have to be waterproof.  It just needs to protect the front and back of the GoPro from flying stuff (bugs, small rocks, etc.).

Thanks,

Jim

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 protective housing with usb

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitcave1670. Yes, the camera can continue to record while connected to an external power source. 

Tourist

Re: Hero 9 protective housing with usb

[ New ]
Thanks. Now I just need to find a case. Or take my dremel after the one I have an make a few modifications.