Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Hero 9 Max Lens Mod Availability

[ New ]

Hi, When will the Max Lens Mod be availble for purchase? Any estimated dates would be helpfull please...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Max Lens Mod Availability

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Demand has been high and we are replenishing inventory as quickly as possible. It would be best to check the product page at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/hero9-black-max-lens-mod/ADWAL-001.html regularly. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I have failed to get an availability estimate from GoPro Support for 3 weeks now... 

I am not buying the Hero 9 until the Lens is available for purchase, and I urge others to do the same.

Beyond belief that the "killer feature" of their flagship product is not available to purchase. Sad when a company effectively spits on  loyal customers.

Please inform/communicate with your customers GoPro.

Shamefully, this is all I've managed to find:maxlens.png

Hiker

[ New ]

Any update on this, Customer Service?

Please give us a projected Availability Date.

Tourist

[ New ]

Randomly checked the GB gopro site about 3 hours ago and the lens mod was available - managed to grab one. 

About an hour later - Out of Stock. Smiley Sad

I had requested a in-stock email notification. Didn't receive one for this or the previous batch.

I have been checking the site frequently, every day for 2 months. Pain in the *ss.

Don't know why they don't do a pre-order at least...

Good luck mate.

Tourist
Tourist

[ New ]
Same here, 1430 they released a few stock, managed to grab one within 3 minutes, 5 minutes later..sold out.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Demand has been high and we are replenishing inventory as quickly as possible. It would be best to check the product page at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/hero9-black-max-lens-mod/ADWAL-001.html regularly. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro - Might be worth considering limiting orders to one per customer whilst stock is limited? People are scalping these on ebay for 4x RRP. Not cool. 

Hiker

[ New ]

You HAVE to put a limit of 1 per customer at least until you have plenty of stock available for everybody.

There are pigfu__ers who buy 4 at a time (and brag about it on Facebook) only to sell them on eBay for 3-4 times the price...  Smiley Mad

And others like me check the page about 37 times a day trying to order one and can NEVER get one.  Of course I entered my email the day the Hero9 Black was released to be notified when you have some in stock and never got any email...