Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Hero 9 Max Lens Mod Availability

[ New ]

Hi, When will the Max Lens Mod be availble for purchase? Any estimated dates would be helpfull please...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 Max Lens Mod Availability

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Demand has been high and we are replenishing inventory as quickly as possible. It would be best to check the product page at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/hero9-black-max-lens-mod/ADWAL-001.html regularly. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I have failed to get an availability estimate from GoPro Support for 3 weeks now... 

I am not buying the Hero 9 until the Lens is available for purchase, and I urge others to do the same.

Beyond belief that the "killer feature" of their flagship product is not available to purchase. Sad when a company effectively spits on  loyal customers.

Please inform/communicate with your customers GoPro.

Shamefully, this is all I've managed to find:maxlens.png

Hiker

[ New ]

Any update on this, Customer Service?

Please give us a projected Availability Date.

Tourist

[ New ]

Randomly checked the GB gopro site about 3 hours ago and the lens mod was available - managed to grab one. 

About an hour later - Out of Stock. Smiley Sad

I had requested a in-stock email notification. Didn't receive one for this or the previous batch.

I have been checking the site frequently, every day for 2 months. Pain in the *ss.

Don't know why they don't do a pre-order at least...

Good luck mate.

Tourist
Tourist

[ New ]
Same here, 1430 they released a few stock, managed to grab one within 3 minutes, 5 minutes later..sold out.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Demand has been high and we are replenishing inventory as quickly as possible. It would be best to check the product page at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/hero9-black-max-lens-mod/ADWAL-001.html regularly. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro - Might be worth considering limiting orders to one per customer whilst stock is limited? People are scalping these on ebay for 4x RRP. Not cool. 

Hiker

[ New ]

You HAVE to put a limit of 1 per customer at least until you have plenty of stock available for everybody.

There are pigfu__ers who buy 4 at a time (and brag about it on Facebook) only to sell them on eBay for 3-4 times the price...  Smiley Mad

And others like me check the page about 37 times a day trying to order one and can NEVER get one.  Of course I entered my email the day the Hero9 Black was released to be notified when you have some in stock and never got any email...

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @rag3gecko and @sebastienm8873. We will share this with the Ecomm team. 

Tourist
Tourist

[ New ]

@GoPro  Requested the same via chat today checking my order:

( 9m 59s ) Rona Kristine: Are we good? do you have other concern that you needed assistance with?
( 10m 18s ) Visitor: I hope gopro put a limit on those lenses as well, I am seeing people bulk buying and selling on ebay for 3-4 x the RRP price, sad to see such greed
( 10m 25s ) Visitor: max lens mod
( 11m 7s ) Visitor: you been a great help thank you, would appreciate if you could feed back the concern on bulk buyers ripping people off, you can see for yoursel fon ebay, pathetic people are so greedy

GoPro

[ New ]

This is noted. Thank you, @lxv. We anticipate resupply on a weekly basis so please continue to watch out for updates on the product page. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Your credibility is at a new low.

Hiker

[ New ]

I check AT LEAST 3 times a day usually more. I have not seen the Max Lens Mod in stock since the first release on Oct. 16th. I hear about people getting them and it's really frustrating...

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is just silly.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Failure!
Sightseer

[ New ]
I have a 9 just sitting in it's box
Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]

Yesssssssssss :-)

Hiker

[ New ]

YOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Max Lens Mods AVAILABLE NOW!!!  November 9th 2020!!!  I just checked out and bought mine!!! and YES...I ONLY PURCHASED ONE! LOLOLOL!

Hiker

[ New ]

Nice! Thanks for the callout.

Sightseer

[ New ]
They are in stock
Sightseer

[ New ]
In stock
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey, it ´s available now (19.11.2020 - EU)

Tourist

[ New ]
See it available now. 12:06 am 11/20/20 USA