Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 screen protector does not fit tightly

[ Edited ]

Hello GoPro team.

After purchasing the GoPro Hero 8 camera I immediatelly purchased also the screen protector. When I applied the first one, I was surprised that it does not fit tightly in the bottom right corner of the touch screen. So I removed it. Cleaned the screen and tried to apply the second one. The result was the same. I do not know what is wrong, but I hope that the camera is not faulty. I do not want to buy another screen protector pack to just test if also third time I get the same result. Can you give me any advice?    

_20200513_215129.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 screen protector does not fit tightly

Hi @coolsand0631

What is the brand of the screen protectors?

Where were these purchased?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The brand of screen protector is GoPro (AJPTC-001) and I purchased it in shop of official seller of Gopro in my country. (Czech Republic)

Highlighted
Tourist

BTW: Thank you @aragon1006 for your quick reply to my initial message. BCh ;)
Highlighted
GoPro

@coolsand0631. Will you be able to send us a photo of the affected screen showing the non-fitting protector. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello @mariustanya. I attched one picture to the initial post, but I'll try to take other picture from diffent angle. The issues is that when I press the corner of the screen the protector adhere to the screen, but after couple seconds there is again an air bubble that gets bigger up to almost 2 cm. It is like the bottom right corner of the screen would be slightly crooked.

Thanks,

BCh.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @mariustanya and @aragon1006. I made short two videos showing the behavior of the screen protector. The same was when I applied the first piece from the package. After cleaning the screen I tried the second piece and this is again the result. The time between the part, when I pres the corner and when the bubble comes back to full size is about 2 minutes, so I made cut of the video to make it smaller. I tried to upload it, but looks like only images can be uploaded. Is there any way I can share with you videos? It is almost midnight here, so I'm going sleep, but looking forward to any advice from you.

Good night,

BCh.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @coolsand0631

Let our Support Team take a look at the situation and see what we can do to help.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

They may ask you for a copy of the receipt and some sample pictures.

Thanks!

Ej