Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8, long video files corrupted when using 3.5mm mic adapter

I recent'y bought the 3.5mm mic adapter to use with my hero 8 for recording my DJ sets with audio directly onto the video.

I've set the cam up and recorded short (3-5 minute) videos with no problems, video and audio input from my mixer recording fine.

The problem however is that when recording my DJ set that goes for 2 or so hours, where the video is split into multiple files, these files are corrupted for some reason will not play on any media player, and will not upload to my Quik or Gopro Plus storage.

Previously i was recording the audio to a seperate audio recording device, then stitching the audio back into the video file in iMovie, the files were not corrupt when recording this way, so the problem must lie in the 3.5mm adapter.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8, long video files corrupted when using 3.5mm mic adapter

Hi @djroaddog

By any chance, would you be able to test the adapter on another camera?

Or if you have access to one, kindly test a different mic with the camera.

If this is not an option, please let our Support Team take a closer look on the issue.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply,
I spoke with customer support, reformatting the card and doing a hard reset and update on the camera seems to have fixed the problem. Lost all my custom settings in the process though, which is a bummer
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update @sweatdreams

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej