Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Hero 5 black won't accept Mic

[ New ]
I have a Hero 5 black and watched on YouTube people who mounted a Røde Videomicro using a GoPro adapter, I ordered all these parts and tryed to use it but my camera says N/A in the mic menu. I have spoken to support and they refered to a list over mic's that are supported by GoPro and the Røde is but they can't guarantee that it works??

Have tried the mic on another camera and it works fine, could the adapetr be broken?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black won't accept Mic

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @rickardl80082e. The camera that  you tested the external microphone to is a GoPro HERO5 Black camera as well?

I do have some suggestions that might help resolve this problem:

1. Connect the audio accessory to your camera's USB-C port using GoPro’s Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
  2. From the camera's main screen, swipe down.
  3. Tap Preferences > Audio Input.
  4. If this option still shows N/A, try disabling the QuikCapture. Then reboot the camera, and go through Steps 1 to 3 again.
    • From the main screen, swipe down.

• Tap Preferences > QuikCapture.

If the issue persists, re-flashing the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO5 Black

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black won't accept Mic

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @rickardl80082e. The camera that  you tested the external microphone to is a GoPro HERO5 Black camera as well?

I do have some suggestions that might help resolve this problem:

1. Connect the audio accessory to your camera's USB-C port using GoPro’s Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
  2. From the camera's main screen, swipe down.
  3. Tap Preferences > Audio Input.
  4. If this option still shows N/A, try disabling the QuikCapture. Then reboot the camera, and go through Steps 1 to 3 again.
    • From the main screen, swipe down.

• Tap Preferences > QuikCapture.

If the issue persists, re-flashing the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO5 Black

Hopefully this helps!

Ann