Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Hero 4 Silver external mic connection

[ New ]

Hi there. I want to coonect an external mic wto a Gopro hero 4 silver. I bought a relatively cheap MOVOmini USB to 3.5mm adapter. Poor result. High pitched whining on audio recording. Buy cheap ... buy twice! Happy to purchase the official GoPro 3.5mm adapter but it says it is only compatible with the 5, 6 and 7 models. It's the same mini USB connection so not sure why it wouldn't work???

I have tried a chat response with GoPro and a call back, but nobody responds. £50 is a lot to spend without any reassurance it will work. 

many thanks. Mike 

GoPro

Re: Hero 4 Silver external mic connection

[ New ]

Hello, @peppyridge5007. The HERO4 Silver uses a different mic adapter. The Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter for the HERO 5,6,7 uses a USB-C port, not a mini-USB port. We do not sell the mic adapter for HERO4 cameras anymore. Please check with authorized sellers or local retailers for availability. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. I was dreading this response ...... sounds like a lost cause with the age of the product. I can only find the MOVO that had any sort of reasonable reviews .... and that was awful! Regards. 

Tourist

[ New ]

OK. Following advice given to contact authorised sellers of GoPro products, this is what I have done. Contacted all dealers listed on a google map (over 30). Most have not replied but the 6 or so who did, all came back with a similar reply that goes along the line of ........ "GoPro have taken the decision only to sell their branded accessories directly through their own shop, so we're no longer able to order bits in from them"

So if you no longer supply local suppliers and your website no longer stocks a basic interconnect for a Hero 4 ..... and 3rd party ones are rubbish and don't work, I'm stuffed? It feels like Hero 4 owners are being abandoned. If you want decent audio from an external mic and you own a Hero 4 or older, you can't.

Not good. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @peppyridge5007. If you can connect with our Support team, they might be able to look into options for you. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.  

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

If you have already requested a callback, please provide us the case number so we can use it to follow up with Support. Thanks!