Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 4 Black

Seeing as someone thought it was a smart idea to remove the viewing screen capability. HOW do I now see what im capturing. AND obviously it's more money I'm going to have to spend. (Strange that). So where do I find this accessory, or is it best just to sell the thing and move on. It's stuck in Chinese and every video and subject I look at is not getting that so called easy issue solved either. I'm not happy nor impressed with the fact there is no Support when it's needed most...WEEKENDS when people want to get out and use these things. 

SO, Where in Perth Australia do i get this wonderfil addition for seeing what I'm filming please.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 4 Black

@lauriej51 - You can see what you're shooting while using the HERO4 Black by connecting the camera to your smartphone using the GoPro app. Once paired, you can control the cameras settings, start/stop recordings, take photos, and see playback of footage you've shot. The GoPro app is free.

Our Support team in Australia will be glad to help you first thing on Monday morning if you need any help getting paired up.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

I Shouldnt have to. The idea of removing the view scfreen was mindless to begin with. AND...if the APP allowed me to do thaT...I WOULD. BUT WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO HOLD two instruments anyway.....Ridicoulous.

Bur selling viewing backpacs is a business i guess....

Laurie

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The screen was not removed from the HERO4 Black. An in-camera screen has never been offered for that model.

Highlighted
Tourist

It was there on the Silver. Its not on the black but ut wasnt removed sorry Jeff but thats making no sense at all. Not offered neans its removed. Its a shambles actually andjustnot gery dmart by gopro. The thing is in chinese and the front screen us so small I cant nake it out. Now I have to find someone that can read it to get it to English. Its a horror and im sorry I paid. Goodmoney for it online. The australyanoffice wont answer me. No one there. Absolute shambles
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The screen wasn't listed as a feature when you bought the camera. If a screen is critical, then the HERO4 Silver would have been a better option, but you would not be able to shoot in 4K with the Silver. They're different cameras with different features.

Try doing a manual update on the camera's firmware. That may help you reset the camera to English. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero4.

Highlighted
Tourist

I found that out...     i have ordered a backpac screen for it from amazon...gopro dont have them...if they do  

i sure as hell cant find them