Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Helmet curved mount issues

Okay, any suggestions for curved mount. Mine fell off after 1 run... GoPro brand and all... Now the adhesive is not usable. Ideas?
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Helmet curved mount issues

Did you clean the site first with alcohol? How long did you apply pressure when you put it on? How long did you wait before you used the mount? Was the mounting surface completely smooth? Any grooves, stickers, design, or indentations? Did you apply the mount in a dry, room temperature environment and leave it there at least 24 hours before using the mount?
Highlighted
Hiker

Applied pressure for 1 minute, waited 2 days, made sure it was clean with alcohol (and it was a new helmet) and still it ripped off. Left it in my bedroom at good temperature. Completely flat surface with perfect curve. Popped right off.
Highlighted
Explorer

That's weird. I guess even 3M can screw up sometimes. I have mounts on helmets, surfboards, skateboards, drones, and ATVs. I've been using them for years and haven't had any fall off. As long as they are applied properly on a completely smooth and clean surface, the adhesive bond is very strong.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thats odd. I used mine for snowboarding and i have not had any issues with mine. matter of fact i orderd a new helment and for the life of me could not remove the old mount.. had to send it to burton with the mount lol .. maybe you got a bunk mount