Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Gopro dual battery charger, takes long time+ won't turn green automatically

[ New ]

Gopro dual battery charger, takes long time+ won't turn green. So i just bought a dual battery charger because i was thinking it was nice. But i am having some issues. So The first 50% i used a wall charger with 5v-1200mA. It took 1,5 hours for charging it to 50% the first time. I decided to use a higher voltage wall charger 5v-2A but it took the same amount of time. I think i started charging at 5pm and it finished at 9pm. So it took the charger 4h to fully charge my batteries for the first time. I am also using the cable given with the dual charger. I also noticed when the batteries were fully charged the orange led light didn't turn green automatically . I took them out and putted them in my gopro to check how much % it got. It said 100% and i put them back in the dual charger en only then it turned green. I don't know what i am doing wrong. So please help me.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro dual battery charger, takes long time+ won't turn green automatically

[ New ]

Hi @tommyr653

We have received reports about the battery not reaching 100% but after a few charging cycles it should eventually reach 100%.

What is the brand name of the adapter used?

To further isolate this, please drain the batteries. Charge one on the camera, then the other on the dual battery charger.

Once fully charged, check the percentage.

Also, please make sure that the camera is up to date.

If you haven't yet, please run a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Gopro dual battery charger, takes long time+ won't turn green automatically

[ New ]

Hi @tommyr653

We have received reports about the battery not reaching 100% but after a few charging cycles it should eventually reach 100%.

What is the brand name of the adapter used?

To further isolate this, please drain the batteries. Charge one on the camera, then the other on the dual battery charger.

Once fully charged, check the percentage.

Also, please make sure that the camera is up to date.

If you haven't yet, please run a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej