Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro Seeker - 3rd party Gimbals?

I was looking into getting the Seeker backpack,  there is a loop section on the back that looks like it might fit a 3rd party gimbal.  I"m looking into getting this gimble and wondering if it would work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742G5YXJ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I22ZUHOT2F8VP3&colid=28CCS2SINE5E3&psc=0

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro Seeker - 3rd party Gimbals?

If you're going for the FT G5, then get yourself the mounting ring - it fits the FT and can attach to the Seeker like the Karma Grip.

https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/accessories-2/karma-mounting-ring/ACOMC-001.html

Highlighted
Hiker

hey thanks for the tip, i really appreciate it.  i thought the only way was using those loops on the back like i've seen some people do but not even sture that would work.

Highlighted
Hiker

No worries... can I ask, any reason why you're going for/went for the FT G5 over the Karma Grip? 

Trying to decide which one to get myself at the moment.... 

Highlighted
Hiker

@familyadams

Sure originally i wanted a gimbal after i saw the difference in motion, i decided to get a gimbal early though due to the current stabalization bug in the hero 6 that causes frames to jump when EIS is turned on.

I went with the FG5 (Version 2) for initially one reason, that the audio is clearer due to the houseing and how the gimbal attaches, the Karma has a very muffled sound and if you compose cilps together with and without the karma it will sound different.

It also has these other benefits:

Version 2 has little to no motor noise picked up from the mic unlike the Karma

joystick for panning

selfie button spins the camera around.

removeable battery, can pick up an extra one for around 15$ and keep shooting all day.

Mine came with the extra accessory that attaches a tripod to the bottom

its 199 vs 299$

Cons:

needs an extra wire to charge the gopro through the stick comes with it but something added (not a big deal for me)

power button you can't press once in the gimbal,. but you can mount the camera upside down as most users do and camera flips the video

hope that helps, thanks for your help too!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the detailed response.... I've watched countless YouTube videos on comparisons and half the time they don't actually give you anything definitive to go on. 

Your Pro's and Cons have helped too. 

The Cons, not a big deal for me.... the charging with a seperate cable probaly wouldn't apply as an hours worth of recording should be enough, and I have a second battery to swap out if necessary. 

The Power button not being able to be pressed is one I did'nt realise and hadn't come across - but if mopunting the camera upside down solves this, then its not really too much an issue. 

Still haven't quite made my mind up which route I'll take as a Drone is also on my list.... so its either get the GoPro Karma Grip, followed by the GoPro Drone Kit at a later date, or drop GoPro and go 3rd party all the way with FT G5 followed by the Mavic Pro. 

Got myself the Seeker bag yesterday for my Birthday - good bit of kit. Very impressed with it, and the El Grande fits well where they say put the 3 way! 

Cheers again