Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Gopro 7 Black with 3.5mm mic adapter - switching off

[ New ]

Hi folks!

I'm using Hero 7 Black in my race car mounted internally to the rollcage.Purchased a mic adapter and installed 2 microfones inside of the car to boost up engine noise and 1-way communication with my box team. However even when I am taking out the battery from the Gopro 7B and connecting only to the powerbank, which has a charging capability of 5V-2,7A it, the camera itself got overheated after 14-17 minutes and its switching off. Even I have tried with another powerbank the problem remains. How could I have footeage of 4 hours without having such issue?

I'm using only OE Gopro equipment with Samsung 256 EVO Plus SD card and recording in 2.7k 60fps

Thanks for the support. 

IMG_20210812_111244.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro 7 Black with 3.5mm mic adapter - switching off

[ New ]

Hello, @szakcsa. This may have to do with the resolution settings used for the recording. For cameras that feature unique high-performance video modes: 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm and use more power when using these modes. These tips will help. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

IMG_20210812_111153.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @szakcsa. This may have to do with the resolution settings used for the recording. For cameras that feature unique high-performance video modes: 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm and use more power when using these modes. These tips will help.