Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Gooseneck base came unscrewed

[ New ]

My wife got me a Gooseneck for Christmas. Went to try it today, and thought I could change the orientation of the base by loosening the screw holding it on. Wrong! Now the nut for the machine screw is just loose inside the gooseneck with no way to reattach the base. My mistake for loosening it perhaps, but that seems like a very lame way to attach the base. Even if the screw loosened up on it's own, there would be no way to reattach it. Is there anything I can do? I saw a similar post where GoPro's answer was basically "buy another gooseneck." I hope there's a better answer here. Thanks.

Dave

Nomad

Re: Gooseneck base came unscrewed

[ New ]

Bonsoir,

Peux-tu nous transmettre une photo de l'objet. Ca va permettre de se rendre compte du problème. Thx

Tourist

[ New ]

Here are a couple of pics showing the screw and clamp, that are supposed to be attached to the Gooseneck in the hole that's visible. There's also a short video, where you can hear the nut loosely rattling inside the Gooseneck. And that's the major problem.

Merci beaucoup,

Dave

20210128_211506.jpg20210128_211557.jpg

Here's a link to the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYACDXjavDXXCxqj9

(sorry, couldn't get it to upload).

GoPro

[ New ]

@davidh38376, we want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Nomad

[ New ]

OK, so the gooseneck is just a series of balls that are stacked on top of eachother.  You can actually pull them apart (with force) and you should be able to access the nut so you can hold it still while you screw back in the base.  

2021-02-02_10-19-14.jpg