Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro max accessories

Does anyone have a good list of accessories that don't show the stitching on the GoPro max? I'm trying to find a longer pole. I see the backpack but how's the stitching? It would be cool to get a 3rd person view.
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro max accessories

The key is to not have anything within about a foot of the camera stitch line. Remember, you can turn the camera sideways and still record what is in front of you. Although keeping your subject centered on the lens is best, it's not something you HAVE to do. In other words, you can have the camera so that one lens is facing toward your face (mounted in the Seeker) and still record what is in front of you.

Max Mount.png

The best stick for the Max is the Max Grip. Second would be the 3-Way. The Seeker backpack is awesome and I'm really glad I got one. Both sticks work well with it, but the 3-Way allows you to do interesting things like put the camera straight back. The other advantage is when you are in HERO mode it's easier to hold the camera out in front of you. The advantage of the MAX Grip is how quickly it telescopes out and in, and also because the Tripod mode is much more stable.

What pole are you using now? There are plenty of 3rd party poles you can try as well. I purchased a few when I was first getting started with Fusion, but honestly I hardly ever use them. my Go-To sticks (poles) are the Max Grip (also known as Fusion Grip) and 3-Way. I do also use the El Grande when I want a longer pole and it's my primary in the Seeker, but Max (and Fusion) cannot completely remove the mount because it uses the quick release mount method.

Highlighted
Tourist

Right now Im using the Max Grip + tripod and thats the only thing I have right now. I go on alot of trips and thought it would be cool to get a 3rd person point of view in some of my shots. I have seen people use longer poles for the insta 360 but I know they mount differently. 

Highlighted
Explorer

You can use GoPro Max on the same poles as other 360 cameras. Some have a Tripod screw so you need the GoPro Tripod adapter, that's it.