Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

GoPro Remote Went from 100% to 88% in less than 6-7 minutes

[ New ]

I just received my GoPro Remote, however, the battery is draining so fast, without even actually using it to record. 

It went from 100% to 88% in less than 6-7 minutes. Now if I start recording, and the flashing red light will appear, it will probably drain even faster. 

At this rate, to be honest, the battery will drain faster than the actual camera. I'm pretty much losing 1% per minute.

Previously I used to own a Drift camera, and their remote used to last for ages, It will definitely be at least few days. Now, I don't expect the Gopro to last that much, but come on, at least at day, if I go out riding or something, I would want it to last at least 5-7 hours. 

So my question is, is this normal, or have I received a faulty device? If this is normal, then I would probably return this, as this is really disappointing.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: GoPro Remote Went from 100% to 88% in less than 6-7 minutes

[ New ]

Right, so what I thought to be the battery of the remote, it's actually the battery of the camera.. so now it makes sense why it goes down so fast.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Now, this is weird. I left the remote on the side, forgot about it, the camera eventually went into stand by, and I'm assuming so did the remote. The only thing I could see on the remote was a message to Power ON the camera. 

So I've done that, and guess what, now the battery it's back to 92%.. Previously was 88%, so it actually increased.. LOL.. However, of course. in the next 5 minutes or so, once again, it went down quite fast. 85% right now already.

Tourist

[ New ]

My previous post was made exactly 7 minutes ago.. And my battery is already at 75% , so 10% lost in 7 minutes.

Tourist

[ New ]

Right, so what I thought to be the battery of the remote, it's actually the battery of the camera.. so now it makes sense why it goes down so fast.