Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 seems to have destroyed all of my media

I removed my SD card to insert another as the auto upload wasn't working. I kept it safe and away from dust, etc. I inserted it back into in my camera and it says I must reformat and lose all of my content. What do I do? I bought this camera just for this trip and now almost all of my media is lost? I put it in my reader, which works with other SD cards, and my computer doesn't recognize it. I am using Samsung 256GB EVO Plus. Can someone help? Recovery options?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 seems to have destroyed all of my media

Hi @blueoasis01836

What HERO7 camera are you using?

Resetting the camera to its factory settings resolves the auto upload issue.

Have you tried using the SD adapter that came with your SD card when importing the files?

Unfortunately, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find various data recovery options to recover the footage that had been lost. Yet, please do your research on whichever data recovery software is best for you as it may require activation of the software and there may be varying costs.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

It's a Hero 7 Black. Manual Upload also doesn't work. Samsung says the card is authentic. The adapter doesn't help. It doesn't appear this will be easy to recover and will likely require NAND recovery by a professional. When I try to reformat with the GoPro it just says it's formatting forever. I've followed all the instructions, completely removed the camera from the app and completed a factory reset on the GoPro. I've been trying for the last hour to set auto upload again and it keeps saying the connection was interrupted. My GoPro seems screwed. Just to clarify, I'm trying to do an upload on another SD Card. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @blueoasis01836. Thank you for the details that you provided. How are you uploading the media to the cloud? Is it through Quik for desktop? through gopro.com? Are you able to view your media using the other SD card? Are you able to setup auto upload on the camera using the other SD card? Make sure that the camera is set up to auto-upload by following the steps detailed here. Let us know how it goes.Thanks!