Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 4 dive housing back door bends to touch the BacPac LCD at 36 meters

Hi, I've just bought an LCD BacPac for GoPro Hero 4 Black and made my first dive with the dive housing, rated 60 meters, and the proper back door that came with the dive housing. I've felt shocked when I've seen that as shallow as 36 meters, the back door has bended to touched the LCD. It was just a bit in the center of door, but my depth was half the max depth the housing is rated. Is it the way that it has to work? Will the LCD suffer when I use the camera at more depth? I'm not sure but this does not seem right to me. Best regards.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 4 dive housing back door bends to touch the BacPac LCD at 36 meters

Hi @cirrower,

That is definitely not something that you want to happen. Just to confirm is the camera seated properly in the housing? Sometimes if it is not all the way in the housing it can cause issues like that. If you had some photos we may be able to see whats going on.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 4 dive housing back door bends to touch the BacPac LCD at 36 meters

Hi Ryan, that's what I've thought.

I've contacted GoPro customer service in Spain and they couldn't give me an meaningful answer, they just sent me a new back door just in case my door is defective.

I think the camera with the LCD were properly seated, there is not much room inside so I just push the camera all the way inside.

If you need underwater photos that will be a bit difficult. Would be photos of the housing useful?

I'm not using the camera for a couple of weeks but first week of september I have a deep wreck dive, 55 meters, and I would like to feel confident that I'm not risking the camera.

Best regards,

Joaquín.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cirrower,

If there is an issue with the housing it could be due to how the camera is seated in that housing, or an issue with the housing. Just make sure that the lip on near the lens is all the way in the housing and that the bacdoor does close properly! I would give that new bacdoor a try and see how that works! If you do have any issues you can work with the agent in your case.

Cheers,

Ryan