Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Chest Harness shoulder straps

I was bought a cheepy chest harness which works OK with the GoPro on its own however if I use a gimbal with it I find that the weight combined with the elasticated shoulder straps make it bounce when I am riding. Can anyone tell me if the shoulder straps of the actually GoPro Chest Harness are elasticated as well or are they non stretchy webbing? I don't want to fork out for a GoPro version if it is going to do the same thing.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Chest Harness shoulder straps

Yeah. Shoulder straps are a 1" elastic. Works perfectly with just the go pro. Needs to be elastic to remain tight during movement. Fully adjustable. Had it on my 7 yr old and I'm 6'3". I don't have a gimbal to have a comment of the weight issue. Good luck
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Chest Harness shoulder straps

Hi greenstorm06728, Many thanks for the reply. I kind of guessed they might be elasticated on the GoPro version. I shall have to try some non-elastic webbing with adjustable buckles on my harness and see if that sorts out the bounce problem. Cheers Smiley Happy