Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Go Pro remote controller just burned after one use !!

[ New ]

I had an issue with my remote controller , after my kitesurf session in the morning with my new Go pro 10 camera and remote controller that should be waterproof I left it to dry a half an a day as I usually did with my previous cameras and old version of remote controller. 

In the evening then I connect the remote to charger with original Go pro cable and suitable adapter that charge all my stuff , the controller just burned and the green/gray corrosion appeared around the USB port. Then it happend the remote stopped working and most probably burned.....  

This is very unusual finding for go pro devices that should be suitable for extreme activities. 

Please reply ! 

Tourist

Re: Go Pro remote controller just burned after one use !!

[ New ]

I am still waiting for response ! 

@grandstoke2662 wrote:

I had an issue with my remote controller , after my kitesurf session in the morning with my new Go pro 10 camera and remote controller that should be waterproof I left it to dry a half an a day as I usually did with my previous cameras and old version of remote controller. 

In the evening then I connect the remote to charger with original Go pro cable and suitable adapter that charge all my stuff , the controller just burned and the green/gray corrosion appeared around the USB port. Then it happend the remote stopped working and most probably burned.....  

This is very unusual finding for go pro devices that should be suitable for extreme activities. 

Please reply ! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandstoke2662

So long as the port cover is closed, The Remote is waterproof up to 5m.

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi , already submitted the call and the chat requests two days ago ... nobody call me back and the chat assistants all the time are busy.

The usb port was closed during all the session and after that dried half an a day.

Please reply !
Tourist

[ New ]

testing

GoPro

[ New ]

@grandstoke2662, I was able to locate the Support case from your most recent contact with our Support Team. The RMA documents and instructions were emailed to you. If you're unable to find them in your inbox, please check the spam or junk folders. Let us know if anything else comes up.