Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Go PRo Hero 7 no comunica con Karma Grip

Hola,

Actualmente tengo una Go Pro Hero 7 Black (FW v1.80.00) y he adquirido un Karma Grip (FW v1.70.00). Al conectar entre ellos el Karma Grip no comunica con la GoPro Hero 7, es decir , que cuando se enciende el Karma Grip no se enciende la Go Pro ni funciona el boton de cambio de modo ni de grabación. Todas las funciones del Karma Grip funcionan sin problemas.

La he probado con una Go Pro Hero 4 y en este ocasión SI que comunica con el Karma Grip sin problemas, el botón de Grabar y cambio de modo funcionan sin problemas.

Salduos,

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go PRo Hero 7 no comunica con Karma Grip

Hello @xaga. You must have exchanged the version numbers for the camera and the Karma Grip. The latest firmware versions for GoPro products are listed here

Considering it's a typo error, does the camera stay in USB mode when the Karma Grip is powered on? If so, perform a hard reset on the Grip following the steps below: 

1. Power off the Karma Grip and camera
  2. Hold the mode/power button for 8-10 seconds. 
  3. If done properly, all of the LEDs on the grip will blink once and power off the grip. 
  4. Then all four LED lights will flash with a single red bottom light.
  5. Continue holding and the Karma Grip and camera will power back on.

These will help clear the issue. If not, manually updating both the camera and the Karma Grip will help resolve the issue. Should you observe the same problem, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know so they can help further. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, 

Thanks for your response. Apologies for the number of verson but currently i have Go Pro Hero 7 Black (FW v1.70.00 instead of v1.80.00) and the Karma Grip (FW v1.80.00 instead of v1.70.00).It was a typer of error. 

Anyway, I did all the steps that you told me- Currently with the karma grip can't control the GoPro Hero 7. The GoPro isn't in USB mode when the Karma Grip is switch on or power on. 

I update manually my Karma Grip and it doesn't work properly.

I don't know what happen but is strange. Can youl help me ?

Regards,

Xavier,

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi ,

Can you send me the v1.80 of the Karma Grip. in the web site can't download the last Firmware release.

I will try to update manually the  firmware as the follow link:

https://es.gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Karma-Grip-Stuck-in-Recovery-Mode-After...

Best regards,

Xavier,

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @xaga. If you contact our Support team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help. You may reach them by phone or chat.