Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

GP8 W/ Media Mod: No Audio with TRS Lav Mic

Recently got my GP8 and Media mod

Media mod works fine with front or rear mic, no issue.

Tried with my lav mic which is a TRS mic that plugs in directly to the Media mod and I get no audio.

Verified settings change to "Standard Mic" as it should.

Manually updated firmware for GP8 and there was no change.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GP8 W/ Media Mod: No Audio with TRS Lav Mic

@joemartinmvc, what's the external microphone used? You can also refer to this article External Microphone Recommendations for more information.

Highlighted
Tourist

It's a Rode GO Lavalier mic, which works with my GoPro Media attachment that I used with my GP7, just not with the Media Mod on the GP8.

Highlighted
GoPro

@joemartinmvc, please try reinstalling the firmware update of the camera as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you, but that was the first step I tried after it didn't work initially, as my GoPro had originally updated over the air.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just an update:

Opened a support case with GoPro and they have determined that my MediaMod seems to be defective and are replacing it for me.

I will update once the replacement comes in.

Highlighted
GoPro

Sure! Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes with the replacement.

Thanks!