Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: GOPRO WE DESERVE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MIC ADAPTER

Still no further response, even when attempting to escalate via the support team. What the hell is going on over there!?
GoPro

Hi All,

There has been an update to better support the interference that is being experienced when using the Pro 3.5 Mic Adapter with Wi-Fi enabled. After further investigation, we were able to identify the audio interference you referencing is linked back to the external microphone that is being used.

In order to most effectively record while utilizing Wi-Fi, you will need to use an external mic that has a stronger shielding within the device such as a RØDE video micro. Given the vast amounts of external mics on the market, it is difficult to identify which third party model has this stronger shielding. I recommend further researching this specific specification when investing in an external mic. 

Highlighted
Tourist

wow so it looks like they're still out of mic adapters. Total fail. 

Hiker

Amazon in Australia are now selling them for $325, supply and demand!

Sightseer

Here it is, May 14, 2019 and the adapter still is not available and there is still no explantion as to why. I have one on backorder at B&H but I'm not holding my breath as to when or if I'll be getting one. The lack of response from GoPro with real answers is making me regret my purchase. 

GoPro

Hi @tims6478,

I definitely hear your concerns and know the time spent waiting can be frustrating. There has been a larger demand than expected for the Pro 3.5Mic Adapter and GoPro is doing everything possible to meet this supply requirement across multiple regions. When inventory does become available it is often sold out quickly. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the patience that has been required. 

Tourist

Ive only just seen your post mate, just wrote one myself. I wouldn't have bought it either if I knew I wouldn't have the option to have external audio. Absolute joke!!
Tourist

This truly is a joke!

Like many of you I bought a new Hero 7, was really happy with visual quality but the audio is terrible for my intended purpose which primarily motorcycle riding.

I read some mixed reviews about the GoPro Mic Adapter accessory but when I finally decided I would spend the extra $$ to buy it was out of stock. Eventually it became available on the Australian GoPro store so I ordered it.

First time I tried it I had no audio recorded. I’ve just done several experiments to figure it out how to get it to work and thanks to some of the other users on here (not from GoPro themselves!) I worked out the only way to get the adapter to function is leave my microphone halfway unplugged! That’s right! I’ve tried three different microphones and they are all the same. The only way to make it function is to half unplug the microphone. Right.....

What gives GoPro?

All of my microphones are 3 ring TRS type. Do I need a different microphone?

I really can’t see this being a successful setup to leave my microphone half unplugged. No doubt as soon as I start doing actiony type stuff on my bike the microphone plug will either go all the way in or fall out. Either way I’ll have no audio.

Please explain what I should do GoPro!!!!!