Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Fully charged battery installed on my HERO 7 Black last night,dead this morning!

[ New ]

This dead battery topic to be a reocurring problem,same thing with the faulty quick release buckles.When are these faults going to be addressed?!

Hiker

Re: Fully charged battery installed on my HERO 7 Black last night,dead this morning!

[ New ]

Forgot to say...HERO7 Black is 3 days old and this original (black bottom) battery had been charged just 2 times...all charged up now,so I will re-install tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

GoPro

Re: Fully charged battery installed on my HERO 7 Black last night,dead this morning!

[ New ]

Let us know how it goes, @keithh54243. Feel free to post back for any concerns or questions. 

Hiker

[ New ]

When I received the camera,maybe 3 days ago,it came with an all black battery,but on the same order,I had ordered the 2 bay GoPro charger and that came with a blue bottom battery,so wondering what the difference between the two (blue and black) batteries are?? 

I will make sure the suspect battery is all charged up tonight and I will see what happens tomorrow.

Hiker

[ New ]

Well,I charged the battery up last night till the charger shut off,installed battery,turned camera on and screen showed it was at 100%.

Put everything back together ready for my walk today.

Powered up the camera this morning and battery say 97%.

Charged up battery to 100%..placed in camera and set aside while I ate breakfast.

Picked camera up and noticed the area around the lens was warm to the touch.

Did a few errands that took 10 minutes tops,parked the car at my usual walking area.Tried to turn camera on.....****ing dead,that's within 10 minutes!!!!

This piece of unreliable junk is going back today....too bad I bought some extras(clip mount,dual charger)

Not sure if I want to try another one?

Can GoPro tell from the serial number if a certain batch of them is bad?

What would cause the are around the lens being warm to the touch?

Signed an unhappy customer!

GoPro

[ New ]

@keithh54243, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your camera.

Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Also, have the latest firmware installed. If you haven't yet, try manually reinstalling the camera's firmware. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I was using a recommended SD card(Sandisk Extreme64GB),latest firmware.Is it common to have a fully charged battery deplete within 10 minutes while camera was not even powered up?Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

It is definitely not common for the camera battery to be drained in 10 minutes. It would help to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works efficiently.

To do this, run a short record time test following these instructions. If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than expected, please contact our Support team so they can assist you with the next steps.

To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Any advantage to going up to the Hero8 Black?...what problems are they having with it mainly? Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

I got rid of my 4 day old Hero7 Black because I was tired of continuosly waking up to dead batteries while being powered off.

Gonna try a HERO8 and if that give me problems,that's will be all for me and GoPro...never again.