Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Fluctuating battery life

[ New ]

Hello all,

Have a question to ask with regards to this weird behaviour of my gopro batteries.

After putting in a fully charged battery in, sometimes it could show that it is 40+%(this number is random), and upon restarting my gopro, it could go up to 80+%(once again, random number). In short, everytime i restart my gopro, the battery percentage seem to be inaccurate. Any one faces the same problem here?

Cheers!

GoPro

Re: Fluctuating battery life

[ New ]

Hi @brianl11187

I know what you're saying and I am encountering that as well.

But mine is returning to the original battery percentage once I start taking photo or recording. 

How about yours? 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey there!

Good to know that I am not the only one! Well, for mine there seem to be no difference after I start taking photos/videos. In fact, there are times when it could be stuck at a certain % for a good few minutes!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @brianl11187

Is this issue observed with all of your batteries? Do the batteries indicate a full charge before they are used? Have the batteries or the camera not been used for a long period of time? Which camera model are you using? I am using a HERO5 Black and a HERO6 Black camera but have not encountered the issue.

Let us know if you observe anymore patterns. Better yet, get in touch with our Support team so further check could be done to ensure battery integrity. You can reach the team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius