Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Faulty mount.

Curved mount broke straight off and lost my camera along with it with minimal use. Kind of hard to not get pissed off about losing the camera and an expensive SD card. Is there such a thing as metal mounts for the gopro? I'd really like one. Scratch that. I'd really like a lot of metal mounts.

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Faulty mount.

@corym3781,

Well done for being open and honest, looks like you had some tyre to camera interface issues. Not useful in your situation but it's always been a suggestion/recommendation to attach a separate tether to the camera/case in the event of a mounting issue or failure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

What part broke? Was it just the adhesive that caused it to come off? What was it mounted to? What steps did you take when applying the mount? What caused the mount to fail (hit, bumped, wind, water use,...)?
Tourist

Right at the base of where it clips into the part that sticks to whatever surface you put it.

Tourist

Cleaned the area and it was on the undertail of a motorcycle isolated from the wind attached to a spot where the suspension of the bike would manage most of the bumps in the road.

Nomad

Sounds like you used the correct procedure. Please contact Support. How long have you been using the mount?

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Tourist

I reached a simple solution. Own fault. I had to rethink the possibilities and it lay within letting someone else (family member) sit on the bike and test ride it. They're about twice my size. Had to confirm so I asked them to sit on the bike and bounce. Sure enough, it reached up to where the empty space of where a camera would be. Case closed.
Tourist

That had 0robably weakened if not started a crack on the mount and a simple ride on a rough road would have finished the job. I just didn't see it in time.
Hiker

@corym3781,

Well done for being open and honest, looks like you had some tyre to camera interface issues. Not useful in your situation but it's always been a suggestion/recommendation to attach a separate tether to the camera/case in the event of a mounting issue or failure.