03-27-2019 05:44 AM
I'm trying to stream a concert using my hero 7 black and external mic adapter.
The helicopter noise caused by WiFi interference is not acceptable.
Looking on internet it seems a very well known problem.
Do you have any solution?
03-28-2019 01:10 PM
@dccr68, some audio noise (e.g helicopter noise, popping, clicking sound, etc.) in the video when using an external mic adapter (and microphone) can be caused by electronic signals or Wi-Fi interference.
In order to further isolate the issue, I do have a couple of things to check with you:
- Ensure that your HERO7 Black camera's firmware is up-to-date.
- Make sure a recommended SD card is used in the camera.
- Record a sample footage outside/away from large/high-powered networking devices (e.g., routers, modems, smart TVs, etc.).
- Have you observed whether the audio is impacted when you use the camera alone?
- Does it matter which resolution the camera is set while recording, and how long the recording goes?
03-31-2019 09:36 AM
Firmware is updated.
I tried 2 different raccomanded sd cards, + other different cards.
The problem is still there if I use the gopro wifi.
Since I bought the gopro to stream concerts, this is a very big problem.
It seems it is a very well known problem, without solution.
I think gopro should say clearly that is impossible to record audio with wifi on.
If the wifi is off, everything is ok, but it is not possible to stream.
04-20-2019 03:40 AM
Yet another thread on the mic adapter issues with no updates for weeks... I don't know why I'm even bothering replying other than to show my own frustration and move all of these threads to the top of the recent issues listing.