Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: External battery disconnects after stopping video recording with the smart remote

We appreciate you keeping us posted, @greenpeak18725. These are great findings.Glad to know that you are observing consistency in how the setup works. We do not have information as to a new firmware release at this time but we will definitely post about it once we have it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: External battery disconnects after stopping video recording with the smart remote

Well, it works fine some of the time. And sometimes the Smart Remote crashes and I have to reset it, and then I have to re-pair it with the GoPro 7 Black.

But the big problem is that with the internal battery removed, the GoPro forgets the date and time after a few minutes. I don't know exactly how many minutes, but not long enough to last between flights. The only remedy is to re-insert the internal battery as soon as I unplug the external battery. Otherwise I have to re-set the date and time every time I go to use the GoPro. It's not a TERRIBLE problem, but it is an annoying one.

So when this solution--external battery, no internal battery, Smart Remote--works it works perfectly. But when anything goes wrong I don't get the video.