Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

External Microphone

Hello Everyone,

Here is my issue. I purchased a Rode Videomic Microphone. I installed it to the Ulanzi V3 Pro Case (GoPro Vlog Case). The case has two shoes for the microphone, on the top and the other on the right hand side of the case. When I have the camera on and looking at the screen I see my microphone in the frame, wether its in the top or side shoe. My questions are this: What do I need to do to get the microphone out of the frame? This was a microphone that GoPro suggested that would work for the Hero 7 Black. Do I need to purchase a much smaller microphone? I did some more research and found another brand made by, Luxbell. I went and purchased it on Amazon. Will i be having the same issues for my microphone being in the shot? Finally, If anyone on this board has Ideas I will be open to it.

Thanks!

David L O'Brien

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: External Microphone

The Rode VideoMicro is what most people (including myself) use for the setup you are describing. You may also want to get some spacers to lift the mic a little higher off of the coldshoe mount. With the adapter on the top of the housing and the mic on top of the adapter, it should be high enough for the videomicro, but maybe not the videomic.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

The Rode VideoMicro is what most people (including myself) use for the setup you are describing. You may also want to get some spacers to lift the mic a little higher off of the coldshoe mount. With the adapter on the top of the housing and the mic on top of the adapter, it should be high enough for the videomicro, but maybe not the videomic.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Daniel,

Daniel do you have a source for those cold show spacers? I will also look into the video micro mic. Can you please inform me as to who makes that particular microphone?

Thanks,

David
Highlighted
Explorer

I found my spacers on amazon.com years ago. Pretty much any brand will do. The videomicro is made by Rode.