Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

External Microphone Suggestions

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Good Evening,

I have a question on external microphones. I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black. I also have the Rode Videomic Microphone. I have tried multiple coldshoe extensions to try and get the Videomic out of my shot, but it is not working out. Another form poster suggested the Rode Videomicro Microphone. My research about this microphone says it can be used with or with out the windshield over the microphone. Here are my questions:

1) Using the Rode Videomicro Microphone with the windshield over the microphone, will the microphone show up in my shots / videos?

2) If I were to keep the windscreen off of the microphone, will this model of microphone still show up in my shots / videos?

3) If the answer is "NO" to either one or both of my above two questions, then what are my microphone options for a microphone that will stay "hidden" from my shots?

4) If the answer is "YES" to either of my first two questions, then what is the reasoning for using a windscreen?

Thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: External Microphone Suggestions

Here are some videos that might help you out.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: External Microphone Suggestions

Here are some videos that might help you out.