Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Expensive Mic Adapter not recording audio? Well, even GoPro Support don't know what's going on.

Cheers. Only decided on go pro because my son uses it instead rallying. Wish I'd gone with one of the other helmet cameras now.
Sightseer

Re: Expensive Mic Adapter not recording audio? Well, even GoPro Support don't know what's going on.

Hi guys I've been having the same issue, also a motovlogger just starting out, my fix for it is to just open the GoPro app, go to the camera I want, but DON'T click on the camera, click on the media squares which will turn on the camera, then hit the record button on the actual GoPro, close the phone to save it's battery and it will record audio. Not ideal I know but that's how I do it and I use the official GoPro Mic adaptor with a lavalier Mic and Belkin battery pack charging the GoPro all at the same time.
Tourist

This shows my setup in beginning of video. I bought shorter cords of course. https://youtu.be/NImMBmzERB0 since I went back to the older firmware my mic only screws up once every 50 times or so. FYI One button record doesn't work with the older firmware
Tourist

You're running current firmware? And you're mic has not failed you even once?