Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Expensive Mic Adapter not recording audio? Well, even GoPro Support don't know what's going on.

This is really annoying. As artemb360 says. Trying to turn GoPro on with motorcycle gloves is impossible. Pressing quick capture should be the obvious method. But there's no sound, it's stupid. It worked with v1.5 firmware so it shouldn not be a problem to fix this issue. GoPro need to fix this. Please fix
Tourist

Re: Expensive Mic Adapter not recording audio? Well, even GoPro Support don't know what's going on.

I had to roll back to 1.50 for the mic to record 99% of the time... Unbelievable how GoPro is not addressing this apparent software problem.
Tourist

And after buying the extra brick £50. It's almost bigger that the camera. 😁😁
Tourist

Couldn't agree more. Mounting this thing on the helmet adds to the bulk.. also the fact that no extension cords work with it (at least in my experience) means I can't relocate it.
Tourist

I've managed to fit mine to chin mount (not ideal but works)
Tourist

Well,

Now my GoPro wont even turn on this afterneoon, tried everyting reset etc, called support, it's going back... told her about the Mic issue and she acted like she never heard of the problem, was going to issue me a return for the adaptor, I told her it works on an older version firmware, it's NOT the adaptor..

Oh well, 

there goes my Gopro back for exchange...

Tourist

There's enough comments on this problem on the web. I don't see how they can say their not aware of it. Good luck with replacement. I'm thinking of downgrading software to 1.5
Tourist

Thanks!

Believe it or not, I plugged it into the mic adaptor with my external battery and it started charging! the wall plug wouldn't start the charging, but it does now.. so odd.

Yeah, the 1.5 works great, one button doesnt work, but it 99% recording audio! good luck