Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

El Grande for Max

[ New ]

Hi,

I bought a El Grande stick at the same time as I bought my GoPro Max.

But the El Grande isn't invisible with the "tray" at the top. I thought it would be exchangeble to something like I have attached in the picture. Anyone know where/if i get get one, or have I bought the wrong stick? Maybe El grande is only for Hero cameras, not Max?

Also I thought that it would be 1/4 inch screw in the bottom, I have seen it on some pictures before. But on my it is no screw at all.

Which sticks are people using to get the invisible effect that I see everywhere?

Preferrably one with a screw in the bottom of the stick.

soporte-camara-gopro.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: El Grande for Max

[ New ]

Hi @olleh5,

You can use El Grande you just have to properly position the camera. 

The camera should be always straight. 

Also the camera already have a ball joint: https://gopro.com/en/ph/shop/mounts/el-grande/AGXTS-001.html

The new El Grande doesn't have a thread at the bottom the old design used to have it. 

You can watch YouTube tutorials on how to plot or use El Grande with 360 camera such as Fusion or Max. 

Some users are using custom mounts depending on the activity they are doing. 

The invisible effect is achieved my properly positioning the camera. 

You can review the position using the app. 

-jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @olleh5,

You can use El Grande you just have to properly position the camera. 

The camera should be always straight. 

Also the camera already have a ball joint: https://gopro.com/en/ph/shop/mounts/el-grande/AGXTS-001.html

The new El Grande doesn't have a thread at the bottom the old design used to have it. 

You can watch YouTube tutorials on how to plot or use El Grande with 360 camera such as Fusion or Max. 

Some users are using custom mounts depending on the activity they are doing. 

The invisible effect is achieved my properly positioning the camera. 

You can review the position using the app. 

-jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen some youtubes about Max and Elgrande and those few I've seen has problems with the mount visible in the picture.

I don't believe I can adjust the camera so it will be ok, the clickon mount is too big.

That is why I want another attachment to the camera than the original clickon "tray", see on my picture that I found on some spanish site where the camera is screwed on. I would believe that that would solve the problem that the clickon is visible.

What most people on youtube is using is the GoPro Grip, but that isn't that long.

But if I have to buy that one, then I have to buy it.

And then another that has a thread on the bottom to attach to my bike, and then I have the largest collection of selfiesticks in Sweden. :)

Regards

Olle