Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Dual battery charger for Gopro 9 compatible with 10 - doesn't stop charging batteries

[ New ]

I have the same problem as in this post and seen the answer about the  problem, light doesn't go green .

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Mounts-Accessories/Dual-battery-charger-for-Gopro-9-doesn-t-stop-char... 

I have charged the batterys about 5 times now and still doing it, Only differance is after about 3 or 4 hours when I remember. I pull the battery which is showing yellow light and reinsert the battery right away it shows the green light being fully charged.

is the charger  I have defective?

If i forget to pull the battery after few hours and leave over night, will it keep charging the batterys and making a possible fire hazzard or something like that because the unit is always charging?

thanks

Backpacker

Re: Dual battery charger for Gopro 9 compatible with 10 - doesn't stop charging batteries

[ New ]

How are you powering the charger?  Is it plugged into a wall charger that is UL certified to deliver 5V @ 2A?  Or are you powering it via a USB hub?  Your PC's USB socket?

Hiker

Re: Dual battery charger for Gopro 9 compatible with 10 - doesn't stop charging batteries

[ New ]

it is plugged into the wall yes UL certified charger. it also is used lots of  times for the hero 8 daul charger I have and works just fine.

I just bought the hero 10 and charger at xmas, so new charger and new batterysetc.

thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brianh60567

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

thanks I will put in a request tomorrow when open,

thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Looks like they are going to send me a battery (I hope 2 batterys, doing with both new batterys I have) to trouble shoot the problem.