Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Does the Protective Housing allow use of other features, like 4X, with the camera in the housing?

[ New ]

Explorer

Re: Does the Protective Housing allow use of other features, like 4X, with the camera in the housing

[ New ]
What do yo mean by 4X? You can access camera settings by pressing the side mode button and top shutter and then using the front LCD like an older traditional GoPro. You can also change modes from video>Photo>Time Lapse (Time Warp if selected). You will not be able to Zoom.
Tourist

Re: Does the Protective Housing allow use of other features, like 4X, with the camera in the housing

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
What do yo mean by 4X? You can access camera settings by pressing the side mode button and top shutter and then using the front LCD like an older traditional GoPro. You can also change modes from video>Photo>Time Lapse (Time Warp if selected). You will not be able to Zoom.

Various features, like 4X, 15s, can be accessed from the LCD front screen, by simply touching the LCD screen.  WHEN IT'S IN THE HOUSING, that doesn't work.  My question is this: is there another way to access those features, when it's in the Protective Housing?  I can't open the housing to access those features, when I'm in the water.        Thank you, @danielr15, for your response.

Explorer

[ New ]
I'm not sure if my previous response answered your question or not. You can get into each modes settings by pressing the top shutter and side Mode together and then navigating using the front LCD. The 15s and 30s short clips are not available.