Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Does Pro mic adapter need power?

Hello all,

Does the 'Pro 3.5mm mic adapter' need power?

What is USB-C om module for please? Anyone?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does Pro mic adapter need power?

@strykerbuilt, no, it doesn't need power. It's an adapter for (compatible) GoPro cameras to connect an external microphone. The USB-C port on the adapter can be used for charging the camera. Additionally, here is a list of external microphone recommendations.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I found out from GoPro - I received a call back from GoPro support within 30 mins, that is really **bleep** good!- that both inputs on the rectangular module the 3.5mm and the USB-C are just that, inputs. No battery in the adapter.

I will say to GoPro if your listening. I bought the RODE mic from Australia $300.00 US and your 3.5mm adapter.$50.00 US. 

I then find on GoPro website, after searching for my charging question, I have to buy ANOTHER adapter to work with RODE. WTF?!?!?

Now I am $65.00 into adapters alone for good audio????

Dude that calls me from tech support THEN informs me that If I buy the media mod- Which I want, but none in stock for how long?- I would not need the GP 3.5mm adapter. LOLOL, this is after I waited 2 weeks for the aluminum ULANZI cage that accepts the GoPro 3.5mm adapter and Hero8 for media action. 

GoPro, publish this information at the point of purchase man. 

Anway, GoPro; love the company and products. Hope this helps you reading this.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you Amigo!

I did receive a call from tech support as you were probably typing this to me.

Many thanks.