Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Does Mic Adapter Work with Gimbal?

I have a Hero 5 Black and the GoPro Gimbal. I don't have a mic adapter yet. Could I plug the USB-C of the mic adapter into the Gimbal and have it work with my Hero 5?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Does Mic Adapter Work with Gimbal?

Hi @erlichbachman

This setup will not work as both the HDMI and the USB port are utilized when the camera is attached to the Karma grip.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @erlichbachman,

No, that won't work.

Highlighted
Tourist

How do you know? Did you try or is it written someplace?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @erlichbachman

This setup will not work as both the HDMI and the USB port are utilized when the camera is attached to the Karma grip.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The gimbal has a USB port that's wired to the camera USB port for charging. I'm wondering if the data lines are also connected. If so this might work. Have you tested it or read documentation that said this won't work or are you assuming it won't because the camera USB port is connected to the gimbal?
Highlighted
Explorer

It wont work. You need to be able to accept the answers given here.
There isn't going to be documentation stating what the device CAN'T do, but for sure there is NO documentation stating that YOU CAN.

This is an old topic that was thoroughly discussed over two years ago. You are far from being the first person to think of this and ask this question. The two responses that you have gotten have been from GoPro employees. Trust me, they know what they are saying.
Highlighted
Tourist

Many times questions are asked & answers include numerous Yes and No with no explanation. Obviously people are answering questions thinking they know the answer when in reality they don't. If these employees are so informed then they should be able to explain their answers. The explanations were not sufficient.

Only a fool "accepts answers given" especially in a time when misinformation is a huge problem.
Highlighted
Explorer

"Obviously people are answering questions thinking they know the answer when in reality they don't."

The Karma Grip is not designed to be used with an external mic.

This is a fact.

The only thing obvious here, is your obstinate denial of the truth.

If you can come up with a workaround that allows for using the mic adapter with the Karma Grip, plenty of people would be very interested to hear about it. Good luck to you in your endeavors.

However, as of right now, it is not possible to utilize an external mic to record audio to a GoPro camera while it is connected to the Karma Grip.

This is not up for debate. This is a fact.