Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Do I need wifi connection to use my android smartphone as a remote? I want to use it on the river

Do I need a wifi connection to use my android smartphone as a remote?  I want to use it on the river.  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Do I need wifi connection to use my android smartphone as a remote? I want to use it on the r

You should be fine. Just be sure to log into the app and connect to the camera once before you leave on your trip.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Do I need wifi connection to use my android smartphone as a remote? I want to use it on the r

Which camera do you own? Unless you have the Hero2 (Wi-Fi backpac needed) or Hero (2014) or one of the much older original Hero models, you wont need a Wi-Fi backpac.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Pair-the-Camera-with-the-GoPro-App
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply Daniel.  I have the Hero 3+ Silver.  Bought it about 4 years ago.  Got it all synced up.  Just not sure it's gonna work out at the lake with no Internet connection.  Thanks again, regards, Mark in Portland, Oregon 

Highlighted
Explorer

You should be fine. Just be sure to log into the app and connect to the camera once before you leave on your trip.