Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Dashcam mounting on bike messenger bag with waterproofing usb outlets

I'm looking for fully waterproof housing for my GoPro 5 that can mount on my bike messenger bag belt to use as a dashcam.
Prefer with long USB-c cable and it should be waterproofed/rainproof when plugged into the camera. I'll have a battery inside my bag.
Also, I need it to run more than 10 hours per charge. The battery I currently have is Anker PowerCore 10000 mAh.

Prefer ordering them from Amazon with my Prime membership. Many thanks!

Something similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774QGG1G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3PM5E5O8LFX4R&psc=1

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Dashcam mounting on bike messenger bag with waterproofing usb outlets

In this video we are taking a closer look at the X~PWR-H5 a weatherproof solution for external power on your GoPro Hero 5 Black or GoPro Hero 6 Black. This is a very specific product for very specific circumstances and not for everyone. This product allows you to attach your GoPro to an external ...

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @stone1977

So long as all camera doors are closed, HERO5 Black/Session are waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

If you plan to have the camera plugged in, this will leave the ports exposed.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

This is why I am requesting a waterproof housing with waterproof USB charging ports. Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774QGG1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adventurer

Seems like a useful housing. Other than the extra layer of glass in front of the lens, it seems to be a very good solution. Be sure to get some anti-fog inserts as well.
Tourist

In this video we are taking a closer look at the X~PWR-H5 a weatherproof solution for external power on your GoPro Hero 5 Black or GoPro Hero 6 Black. This is a very specific product for very specific circumstances and not for everyone. This product allows you to attach your GoPro to an external ...
Tourist

This is what I just needed!