Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Customer support

Dear Sirs,

I have a GoPro hero 3 and the clip on the dive housing has broken and I have a few question:

1. Can you tell me the correct product to replace it with?

2. If I have to replace the entire housing, what genuine GoPro dive housing product will fit it correctly, as I can not seem to find one

3. How can I tell whether my housing is the dive housing or the standard waterproof housing? I have been diving successfully with it many times, but still not sure if it is the “dive housing”.

Many thanks for your help.

kindest regards,

Marian Williams 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Customer support

Hi @marianw00416,

The Standard Housing is the slim housing that comes with the HERO3+ and is waterproof down to 40m. While the Dive Housing is designed for deep sea diving and extreme activities, and it is waterproof to 60m. You will be able to tell the difference from the lens cover of the housing -- the Dive Housing will have screws on it.

We no longer have the Dive Housing available at gopro.com. However, you may also be able to find this accessory at various retailers (online / physical store). If you're located within US, check this Store Locator guide to find authorized GoPro resellers near you: https://gopro.com/store-locator 

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Highlighted
Sightseer

Dear Ann,

Thank you so very much for this valuable help. I found the right one (with the screws) and bought it. It was a genuine GoPro product and I’m so relieved.

On another note... what will I do if (god forbid) this one breaks. Is there another dive housing that will fit it? For example Hero 4?

Thanks Ann.

Kindest regards,

Marian
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @marianw00416. Good to know that you were able to find the part of the housing that you need. In case the current one breaks, you may look for the same housing model. Alternatively, you may reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can look into options for you. Best regards!