Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Cracked Supersuit Housing

Was given my housing in February as a gift and hadn’t had them chance to try it out at depth till recently. Took it on a ~10m dive and realised there was water within the case around 30 minutes in, surfaced and got to shore only to find a crack in the plastic around one of the lens screws. Have read in the forum that this is a fairly common fault but after failed attempts to get through to customer support I don’t know what to do. The case has hardly been used but as a regular diver it was intended to see me through a fair few dives before needing to chop it in for a new one, gutted is an understatement but thank god my camera is okay and photos saved. From my understanding the housing is covered by a 1 year warranty, I’d really like to know if it’s possible for GoPro to replace it free of charge, it’s a real shame but I chose GoPro over other action cameras as it had been recommended by so many of my friends and the housing was meant to be one of the most reliable on the market. I’d really appreciate any help because these things aren’t cheap and to have cracked after such a shallow dive I’m really beginning to question whether I’ve made the right choice.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cracked Supersuit Housing

Thanks @eveeru

Do reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @eveeru

Camera/ housing doors do need to be closed by hand prior to snapping the latch shut to evenly distribute the seal and provide the best protection for your camera.

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened and provide you options.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Also, please have your proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi Ej,
The camera housing was snapped shut by hand as instructed to in the manual! The case was perfectly fine prior to the dive, and had been used in shallow depths (1-2m) for a practice run with no problems.. it was fine prior to the dive and then appeared to start leaking between 6-10m and around 30 minutes into the dive. It was a slow leak and upon further inspection the crack causing the leak in hairline but traces back to the shattered plastic around the screw and not the back door.
Thanks, Eve
GoPro

Thanks @eveeru

Do reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

Regards,

Ej