Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Confused with Super Suit extra backdoors

Hey all!

Got the Super Suit for my Hero 7 black and I see that in addition to the already attached backdoor there are two extra ones. However one of the extra backdoors is exactly the same as the one already attached to the housing. Are they any different? I see the extra one is marked as compatible with the Floaty handle but I was able to put the housing on the Floaty just as it was. A little confused :-)

Would appreciate some clarification on the backdoors. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Confused with Super Suit extra backdoors

Hi @agilestorm88630,

The two backdoors that you're referring to are identical. They can both be used underwater with the SuperSuit, that is up to 60 meters. There are two of them because once you use one of them for the Floaty, the foam cannot be removed from it anymore.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion!

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @agilestorm88630,

The two backdoors that you're referring to are identical. They can both be used underwater with the SuperSuit, that is up to 60 meters. There are two of them because once you use one of them for the Floaty, the foam cannot be removed from it anymore.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion!

Ann

Hiker

Oh got it thank you! I think my confusion was between Handler and Floaty :-) I actually have the Handler here, that is why attaching the housing to it made no effect on the backdoor. Thanks again! The accessories (quality, packaging) are incredible BTW! I will probably buy more of them tomorrow (Casey fo sure!) :-)

Tourist

Hi - Thanks for this info, it wasn't clear in the instructions. I noticed that each of the 3 doors has a different code.

The one that was installed when I got the SuperSuit was S01. S02 it says is a touch-screen but is *not recommended underwater*. S03 says it is good for underwater use and for use with Floaty.

So given that they are all numbered differently, what are the specs for the S01 that came attached to the unit? Is it underwater rated? To how far? 

It seems curious to buy a dive case with doors that may or may not work under water so I'm just tyring to make sure I understand which is which.

Than you!

GP_backs.png
GoPro

@faststar41725, as previously mentioned, the two backdoors (S01 and S03) are identical. They can both be used underwater with the SuperSuit -- designed for deep sea diving and extreme activities, and waterproof to 196ft (60m).

Tourist

Thank you. And yes, I realize it was “mentioned” but what was not “mentioned” was two of them being the same But with 3 different codes. Which to many people might cause concern thinking they didn’t get two the same and hence ask to confirm before going underwater. 😉. But thanks for clarifying.
GoPro

@wcadkins, thanks for reaching out as well. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!