Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Changes in Hero 5 Black interface with Smart Remote

Bought 2 Hero 5 Black cameras and a Smart Remote in Jan 2017 (I think).  Originally, the cameras had to be on for the Smart Remote to control them, but I could start and end record on both cameras.  Then, (I think) in 2018 that changed.  Once the cameras has connected with the Smart Remote, then they could both be controlled for recording AND could be turned off via the Smart Remote and then turned on again via the Smart Remote.

Now I can connect to one camera but trying to add another camera disconnects the first one.  Not the behavior I want!

Janice

GoPro

Re: Changes in Hero 5 Black interface with Smart Remote

This is odd, @toughoasis412, It is true that both cameras can be controlled by the same remote control, and that multiple cameras can be connected to one remote control one after the other. Do you recall getting any error icon or notification when you were trying to pair both cameras to the remote? 

If you haven't yet, reset the Smart Remote prior to pairing again. This can be done by pressing and holding the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds. Reset the HERO5 Black cameras as well and try pairing again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!